Font problem?

From: pren_01
Subject: Font problem?
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 22:59:40 +0100

Hello,

I am a new user of Octave trying to run Octave 2.1.36 on BillĀ“s OS
(=Win XP Home in my case) on a HP Compaq nx7000 laptop computer. It
seems to have been installed properly, but one annoying problem
remains to solve.

When entering commands at the Octave prompt, it keeps drawing
vertical bars between every character. Output from Octave is clean
though, so when I press enter after typing a command, Octave echoes
the command without the vertical bars.

To me it looks like a possible font problem, not necessarily within
Octave. Can the fonts used by Octave be changed somewhere? I did some
test with the general window settings found in the control panel, but
without success.

The nx7000 has got an ATI Mobility Radeon 9200 graphics card
installed.

Any suggestions are welcome.
/Per Liss