Re: color choice in plotting

From: Henry F. Mollet
Subject: Re: color choice in plotting
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 15:30:20 -0800

Thanks for clarification as I thought that I had to learn the lower-level
plotting. I do have a potential contribution with regard to 3d plotting to
be able to use mesh (x,y,z) instead of gsplot (z).

octave:17> z
z =
   1   1   1   1   1
  10  10  10  10  10
   5   5   5   5   5

gsplot (z) gives exactly what I'd like with respect to visually comparing
the matrix z (in 2-dimensions) with the 3d plot. When using MATLAB-style 3d
commands, and again looking at z above, I have to use mesh (x,y,z') to get
the equivalent of gsplot (z). They are not exactly the same as the colors
are reversed and in the gsplot x and y start at 0. The meshgrid was created
using x=[1,2,3] and y = [1,2,3,4,5]. Nothing else seemed to work for me to
get the equivalent of gsplot(z).
Henry