Cannot load a binary file

From: Henry F. Mollet
Subject: Cannot load a binary file
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 16:25:26 -0800

I can save a file as a binary but not load it?
Henry

octave:89> a = [1,2;3,4];
octave:90> whos

*** local user variables:

prot  type                       rows   cols  name
====  ====                       ====   ====  ====
 rwd  matrix                        2      2  a

octave:91> save testasciidefault
octave:92> clear all
octave:93> whos
octave:94> load testasciidefault
octave:95> whos

*** local user variables:

prot  type                       rows   cols  name
 rwd  matrix                        2      2  a

octave:96> save -binary testbinary
octave:97> clear all
octave:98> whos
octave:99> load -binary testbinary
error: load: trouble reading binary file `testbinary'

I've tried the same with -matbinary with the same result.