Re: How to use octave-forge?

From: Henry F. Mollet
Subject: Re: How to use octave-forge?
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 18:14:03 -0800

GNU Octave, version 2.1.46 (powerpc-apple-darwin6.8).
Many thanks. Apparently my version of Octave does not support dynamic
linking and I cannot even create an .oct file at the shell prompt.

[Henry-Mollets-Computer:doc/octave/examples] mollet% mkoctfile oregonator.cc
/var/tmp//ccT8XOce.s:unknown:FATAL:can't create output file: oregonator.o

octave:1> octave_config_info ("dld")
ans = 0

Why does my Dec 2003 Fink installation from source not provide for dynamic
linking? What did I do wrong? What needs to be done to support dynamic
linking?
Henry