How to use octave-forge?

From: Vic Norton
Subject: How to use octave-forge?
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 15:46:19 -0500

I would like to download and install a linear programming routine from octave-forge, but I can't figure out how to go about it.

The routine is "lp.cc". It is in the Minimization section
   http://octave.sourceforge.net/index/optimization.html#Minimization
The URL below is attached to the specific program.

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/octave/octave-forge/main/optim/lp.cc?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/plain
I guess the project's Unix name is
   octave/octave-forge/main/optim/lp.cc

I can see the C source for the program on the web, but that does me no good. If I copied it, I wouldn't know how to compile it so that it was part of Octave.

Presumably I can "checkout" the lp package via cvs and that will come with the appropriate configuration file(s), but I simply don't know where to start.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. So far nothing I have tried has worked at all.

Regards,

Vic