Re: ...interesting...

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: ...interesting...
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 17:05:18 -0500

On Fri, Dec 19, 2003 at 03:36:20PM -0500, Przemek Klosowski wrote:
> I ran the example from the guy for whom qhull coredumps on my
> octave 2.1.34 with octave-forge from Nov 02 on Lintel:

>     >       7.378 125.8 78.648553
>     >       7.378 129.5 78.241684 ]  ;
>     octave:3>
>     octave:3>  X = T(:,1) ;
>     octave:4>  Y = T(:,2) ;
>     octave:5>  A = X + Y ; ## stupid
>     octave:6>  delaunay(A,X) ; # works
>     octave:7>  delaunay(X,Y) ; # doesn't work

For now use the following:

        delaunay(X,Y,'QJ')

The option 'QJ' joggles the inputs so that all facets are simplicial.
Without the 'QJ' option, some facets will have higher dimension than
others, and cause a crash.

The QHull author recommends against 'QJ' because it is inaccurate.

See the discussion on address@hidden:

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=3506293&forum_id=4874

for more detail than you probably want as we (they?) redefine the
interface to make use of all the information available from
QHull.

Paul Kienzle
address@hidden