Re: Octave QR factorization

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Octave QR factorization
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 18:19:00 -0600

On 17-Dec-2003, Ross Vandegrift <address@hidden> wrote:

| The script does fail on my AMD Thunderbird, but I ignored the ATLAS
| warnings and build with 3DNow - burning speed was more important to me
| ::-)

I remember using a 3DNow! version of lapack/blas on an Athlon and
getting completely wrong results.  Unfortunately I don't remember the
details and I never tracked down the real cause.  Maybe the problems I
had have been fixed by now.  OTOH, if you want answers fast and don't
care whether they are right, I'm sure that I can write some code that
will get them to you faster than ATLAS with 3DNow!

jwe