have 2 qs about octave under Win XP

From: Zavorin, Ilya
Subject: have 2 qs about octave under Win XP
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 14:59:56 -0600

Hi,

I have 2 questions about running Octave under XP:

1. I am trying to load a TIF image using imread. It says that I need to install convert from ImageMagick. I d/loaded and installed it as a standalone executable, but how do I "tie it" to Octave?

2. In general, is there an equivalent of the Matlab's "Shell escape" '!' that allows to run stand-alone executables from within Octave? What do I need to do (as far as syntax and path name setting) to be able to do that?

Thank you,

Ilya Zavorin