Re: Installing Octave using FinkCommander

From: Gavin Jin
Subject: Re: Installing Octave using FinkCommander
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 15:03:15 -0800

I guess Fink's distribution of octave might have more dependence on other
packages than needed.  I don't remember how long it took to
build 2.1.50 from scratch with darwinPort, but I don't think it took more than an hour.

The same goes with direct build with the latest source.

I prefer binary installation with fink, as most packages don't take more than 30 seconds to install
once they are downloaded.