Re: windows ver. of Octave

From: pkienzle
Subject: Re: windows ver. of Octave
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 02:43:46 -0000

On 30 Nov 2003 at 22:01, Doug Stewart wrote:

> I just downloaded the  octave-2.1.50a-inst.exe
> <cid:part1.07020007.03030603@sympatico.ca>  file and went to install it.
> The first message said that it is optimized for Intel   -- I have an
> Athlon is this a problem??

I'm not sure.  Anyone have any idea what compiler flags I should be
using for Octave so that it will work on any Windows box?  Is it
worthwhile to make specialized versions for each architecture?

> The second window said that I already have a ver. of Octave (and I do
> 2.1.42 from Andy Adler).
> It said to uninstall the old ver. first, but I don't want to do that.
> What will hapen if I try and do both???
> Doug Stewart

Only one octave standalone version can exist at a time, at least
until I try making the registry keys version dependent.

Paul Kienzle
address@hidden