Re: Writing OCTAVE binary matrices and MATLAB .mat files

From: psheer
Subject: Re: Writing OCTAVE binary matrices and MATLAB .mat files
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 08:26:36 +0200

> I think the file is src/load-save.cc (in 2.1.51). In the CVS version, the
> file
> is ls-mat5.cc. I think the developers of octave are restructuring the load/
> save mechanism (as written in a previous mail).

ok

> > if no such library exists, is anyone interested in helping
> > me implement the pdf spec above?
> In the last days I was thinking that it would be nice to have a Perl module
> store data in a mat-file. I do not know how much work it is to transfer the
> code in ls-mat5.cc to a seperate library. (Having such a library, the code to
> make a Perl module using the library is quite easy.)
>
> If you want to make such a library, I will help you.

well, i am almost certainly going to write such a thing in C

i am posting here to check that something like this does not
already exist. will probably get started looking at the .cc code
today.

best

-paul

> Raphael
> www.librasch.org

Paul Sheer . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  Tel  . . +27 (0)21 6869634
Email . . . http://2038bug.com/email.gif . .  Work . . +27 (0)21 6503467
http://www.icon.co.za/~psheer . . . . . . . . .  http://rute.2038bug.com
L I N U X . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . The Choice of a GNU Generation