Re: Starting using octave

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Starting using octave
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 20:05:09 -0600

On 30-Nov-2003, Tomer Altman <address@hidden> wrote:

| Is anyone opposed to me fully-Wiki'fying the current texinfo manual?

Yes.  I have my doubts that this would result in a good manual.

| The current manual on the Octave.org webpage is getting kinda old
| ( version 2.0.5!! From 1997!!! ).

If you think that it can be improved, then please submit patches.  To
make it easier to accept a patch, it is best if each change attempts
to fix just one problem.  It is also important that the changes are
made to the actual sources of the manual, not a formatted version of
the output.  This means that you need to be editing
doc/interpreter/*.txi files to modify the text of the manual and the
.m files in the scripts directory and .cc files in the src directory
to edit function descriptions.

Also, it would be best to discuss any major rearrangements of the
structure of the document in advance of making the changes.

jwe