Re: load and save in dynamically linked functions

From: Thomas Weber
Subject: Re: load and save in dynamically linked functions
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 21:40:16 +0100

On Thu, Nov 27, 2003 at 01:43:10PM -0600, John W. Eaton wrote:

>   load (sprintf ("%s%.6f.dat DE", savename, s));
>
> instead?  Then, it seems to me that you could use
>
>   feval ("load", sprintf ("%s%.6f.dat DE", savename, s));
>
> as an equivalent way to do the same thing (still in the scripting
> language).
>
> You should be able to do the same in a .oct file using the C++
> interface for eval, but it might not do what you expect,
Can you point me to a file in the source where the C++-interface to eval
is defined? (I know only C, but I think I can figure it out with the
code).

> If your .m file defines a function, the varibles would be loaded in
> the local symbol table of the function, but when you translate it to a
> .oct file, that function doesn't have its own symbol table.  So where
> do you want the new variables to appear?
I need the variable in the oct-file (and only there). The .m-file is
a script file, no functions are defined there (it's rather long,
otherwise I would simply post it).

Thanks
Thomas