Re: Running octave from bash script

From: Thorsten Meyer
Subject: Re: Running octave from bash script
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 20:55:08 +0100

If octave is on your search path and your script is in the current directory and its called cronscript.m you can simply say
    octave cronscript.m
within your bash script.

Thorsten Meyer

Ashman,Tim [PYR] wrote:
Running octave from bash script

I'm trying to run an octave script from a scheduled bash script under Cygwin (which is running entirely separate from my version of Octave). I have the GNU Octave 2.1.50 build which I downloaded from octave.sf.net. Can anybody help or direct me to some literature on the internet that addresses this topic? I want to be able to automatically run an octave script at the same time every day.

Thanks!