Re: rotate 3D meshes?

From: Shai Ayal
Subject: Re: rotate 3D meshes?
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 08:28:25 +0200

Eric,

you have to issue the "gset mouse" before the plot window is displayed. try using it as your first command when octave starts (before any plot related command) and see if it works. If it doesn't, then maybe you have 2 versions of gnuplot, and octave calls the older 3.7 version ? try setting the bnuplot_binary var to the exact full path of your 3.8 gnuplot.

hope this helps

        Shai

Eric Chassande-Mottin wrote:
hi Shai,

| I am using gnuplot 3.8 with octave. The main reason are the great | interactive mouse functions. In order to make them work, I have to issue | "gset mouse" when octave starts up (easy using the ~/.octaverc file).

does that mean that you are able to rotate 3D mesh plots with the mouse?

I am able to do it with gnuplot 3.8 running directly
(for instance, running the surface1.dem demo) but not when gnuplot 3.8 is called from octave.

"gset mouse" before or after the mesh does not make any change.

any hint?
é.

--
Shai Ayal, Ph.D.