Re: ismatrix() reports "true" for cell arrays?

From: Tomer Altman
Subject: Re: ismatrix() reports "true" for cell arrays?
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 22:42:44 -0800 (PST)

Please find my comments interspersed below:

On Nov 23, 2003 at 12:34am, John W. Eaton wrote:

jwe >I know I often say this about various versions of Octave (usually
jwe >those that have been around for a year or more) but I don't think I've
jwe >called 2.1.50 ancient yet.  Haven't I just recently been recommending

Sorry, I just couldn't help teasing. :-)

jwe >it as the "preferred" version for people to be using?  But in another

You definitely are, and it's duly noted. But maybe the Octave download
site can have "Stable", and "(you probably want this)" to both point
to 2.1.50? ;-) I think for newbies it will give them the right place
to start ( & less volume on help-octave! ).

jwe >message that I received within the last hour or two, you said you did
jwe >some tests with 2.1.40, which is old.  So which version are you using?

I'm a man of mystery & multiple Octaven ( like 'emacsen', or 'boxen' )
;-). I have 2.1.36 on my xP partition, 2.1.50 at work & on my laptop,
and 2.1.40 at my current terminal. :-)

And, if I might be so bold to return the question; what version of
Octave are *YOU* using? lol

jwe >
jwe >| I was hoping that ismatrix() would be disjoint with iscell():
jwe >
jwe >Seems reasonable.  The fix is simple enough:
jwe >
jwe >Thanks,

No, thank you John. I appreciate your hard work, as we all do.

jwe >
jwe >jwe
jwe >