Re: Octave Limits

From: Przemek Klosowski
Subject: Re: Octave Limits
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 12:45:55 -0500 (EST)

   limited to 2GB. When I create the file on an ext3 partition I seem to
   have no limit (at 3.5GB right now and counting) and as an added benefit
   it is significantly faster.

Cool beans!  I forget what's the limit on ext3---per
http://www.suse.de/~aj/linux_lfs.html, ext2/3 supports LFS
i.e. 2^63 bytes, i.e. over 9 giga OF gigabytes; the practical
file size depends on block size and is more than 2TB (see
the 'Maximum On-Disk Sizes of the Filesystems' table).