Re: lists and cell arrays ?

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: lists and cell arrays ?
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 10:01:42 +0100

According to address@hidden <address@hidden> (on 11/20/03):
> Hi David,
>
> I'm not (yet) that much of a Octave C++ hacker. For now, I'll just be
> whipping up my own abstract data types as I go, and write VHL
> functions to access & mutate them. Sorry, but I just don't see the
> point it up in C++ if it is such a domain-specific application, as
> opposed to a general type of universal applicability ( unless, of
> course, speed/time is of the essence ). Please retort if I've opined
> something myopic. :-}

I don't consider the types (I'm in the process of doing another), I've
coded up as being domain specific. Galois fields are used in lots of
places. So this is one justification of coding them in C++. The other
is that Matlab R13 and greater has this Galois Field type and my
implementation follows theirs very closely, in fact at this point I
believe it is completely compatiable with Matlab's implementation. So
the goal of Matlab compatibility was best done by implementing the
Galois Field type in this manner.

Regards
David

Motorola CRM                                 +33 1 69 35 48 04 (Ph)
Parc Les Algorithmes, Commune de St Aubin    +33 1 69 35 77 01 (Fax)
91193 Gif-Sur-Yvette FRANCE

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only
[ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary