wildcard argument to load?

From: Timon Schroeter
Subject: wildcard argument to load?
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 21:06:09 +0100

Hi,

first of all: Octave is great software, thank you!

Is there any way to use a wildcard-character in an argument to "load"? I have a number of files I want to load one after the other. All filenames begin with a number, starting at one, going up to several hundred or even thousand. The numbers are followed by different strings. My plan was to use a loop to generate the numbers, turn them into strings using num2str and adding a wildcard like *. As each number between 1 and a certain uper limits exists and is unique it could work, but it doesn't. Obviously I could use a shell-script to rename all these files to have a constand string after the number, but if octave honors wildcards in filenames, I would prefer the first (more elegant) solution. Ideas?

Timon

--
http://timon.schroeter.it