RE: graphing equations

From: Debian User
Subject: RE: graphing equations
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 21:25:35 -0500

Hi, Doug,

I am also teaching high school algebra.  Like you I have some
students struggling to visualize graphs in three dimensions.  Today I
made an animation using octave gnuplot and the gimp.  Take a look at:

http://www.ginkwunk.net/~sbt/3d_eye.gif

I made each frame of the animation using an octave script you can find
at:

http://www.ginkwunk.net/~sbt/3d_eye.txt

They're far from perfect, but they may help.  You, and anyone else, are
welcome to them.

Good Luck,

Streph