Re: list length

From: Teemu Ikonen
Subject: Re: list length
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 13:28:56 +0200

On 31/10/03 09:03, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
> Have you considered local .debs ?
> Do 'apt-get source octave2.1', copy the debian/ directory into the cvs tree,
> create a changelog entry that sorts higher (i.e. 2.1.50.cvs-1, or even
> 2.1.50.local-1) and build it with dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc -rfakeroot.

This is getting really offtopic...

That'd be fine otherwise, but one of my machines is a powerpc and the rest
of them are i386 (Yes I know, this is a good example of self-inflicted pain
:). If the Debian build system supports cross-compiling then that would
work, otherwise I'd have to build on two architectures anyway. Well, perhaps
that's still easier than compiling on every machine I use.

Thanks,

Teemu