octave character appearance problem !

From: Michal Pawlowski
Subject: octave character appearance problem !
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 13:25:53 -0600

Hi,
I have installed 2002-09-11a on w Windows XP Home. I have a graphic card ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9000 and Centrino processor (I do not know if it is important). My problem with Octave is as follows: during typing in command window each character that appears is followed by a "|" sign. To be exact it is not a character, it looks like a trace of the cursor (which in a black square). Even a space character leaves a "|" sign after. The problem is probably in screen refresh procedure, because if I drag another window in a front of octave command line window the text typed in octave looks good. The same effect can be achieved by changing the size of the octave command window.
Did anyone have the same problem as I have?
What can I do to fix it?
I will be very grateful for your help.

Best regards,
Michal Pawlowski