Re: using octave from a C++ program

From: pkienzle
Subject: Re: using octave from a C++ program
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 21:57:12 +0100

On 22 Oct 2003 at 10:33, Jonathan Hudson wrote:

> I'm trying to use some of octave's functions within a C++ program,
> but I'm getting lots of undefined references and
> I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

You are failing to initialize the interpreter.  Right now, you have
to borrow a lot of code from octave's main procedure to do this.
Eventually we will sort it so that you can call init and eval and
it will do the right thing.  We haven't yet because in almost all
instances, it makes more sense to extend octave with C code
than extend C code with octave.

The code in src/DLD-FUNCTIONS gives several examples of
how to extend octave.  There is also a simple example in
another directory. The best overview document is da coda al
fine at http://octave.sf.net/coda, but it is somewhat out of
date by now.  I also remember putting stuff on
wiki.octave.org, but I can't find it there now.

Hope that helps,

Paul Kienzle
address@hidden