Mac OS X questions

From: Mark Dowell
Subject: Mac OS X questions
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 10:56:48 -0400

Hi,

I have just started using octave although I have been using MATLAB for some time. I installed octave via Fink on Mac OS X and have two initial questions I couldn't find answers to by searching the mailing list.

- Is it possible to simply copy the ".m" files over from the octave-forge distro if one has installed the standard octave installed through Fink - if not, how can benefit from the extra octave-forge packages but the ease of the Fink standard octave install.

- In octave when running commands such as image and imagesc can I use xv as display on OS X (which I have already installed through Fink), I can't seem to get it to work at present. Are there other alternatives for running these commands on OS X.

Any help to get me started is appreciated

Mark
Mark Dowell Ph.D. Durham, NH 03824-3525
Research Assistant Professor tel:+1-603-862-1476
Ocean Process Analysis Laboratory fax:+1-603-862-0243
University of New Hampshire http://www.opal.sr.unh.edu