Re: octave on server

From: Christoph Dalitz
Subject: Re: octave on server
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 12:30:40 +0200

On Thu,  2 Oct 2003 12:18:59 +0200
"address@hidden" <address@hidden> wrote:

> The inteded users are students of a university course, and I want them
> to view the result of some simulations, but they don't really have the
> need to know what program processes their datas. I think a web interface
> can be the easiest way for them to see these simulations, as it doesn't
> require them to learn any math program.

Sorry, I have misunderstood your question. If you only want to display
the result of a calculation that you have written in some octave script,
this is easily accomplished with a web interface: just write a CGI
script that calls your program.

> My question was something like what you've said in b) point: I can't use
> commands like system(), exec(), shell_exec() on Php page, so I thought
> to use directly octave's libs.

You could use liboctave for writing your program in C++, but it's probably
easier to write some *.m script and call octave on this script in your
CGI-script. For generating fancy graphics, you can postprocess your data
with gnuplot or alike.

Hope this helps,

Christoph