shared weirdness

From: Ben Sapp
Subject: shared weirdness
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 16:25:21 -0600

Hi,

I had run octave-2.1.40 on cygwin for some time. Recently, I upgraded to 2.1.50. I built both 2.1.40 and 2.1.50 to use shared libraries so I could use mkoctfile. Now, when I run octave-2.1.50 I get the following:

$ octave-2.1.50
GNU Octave, version 2.1.40 (i686-pc-cygwin).
Copyright (C) 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002 John W. Eaton.
This is free software; see the source code for copying conditions.
There is ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; not even for MERCHANTIBILITY or
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  For details, type `warranty'.

Please contribute if you find this software useful.
For more information, visit http://www.octave.org/help-wanted.html

Report bugs to <address@hidden>.

octave-2.1.50:1> version
ans = 2.1.40
octave-2.1.50:2>

LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not set and the usual Linux tools like ldd are not available. Any ideas what I did wrong? Any ideas on the solution?

Thanks,
Ben.

Ben Sapp                                     Los Alamos National Laboratory
email: <mailto:address@hidden>   Phone: (505)667-8004
Fax:   (505)665-3657