Win32: Using system cmd to invoke batch file

From: Stephen Simpson
Subject: Win32: Using system cmd to invoke batch file
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 11:55:16 +1000

Thanks to those who pointed me in the right direction with the system command.

I want to invoke a batch file using the system command. The batch file takes a couple of filename parameters. I wan' to use long-filenames (with embedded spaces) instead of the archaic DOS shortname convention. How do I do it?

I've tried the following unsuccessfully:

system("BatchFile LongFileNameWithSpaces_1 LongFileNameWithSpaces_2")
system("BatchFile "LongFileNameWithSpaces_1" "LongFileNameWithSpaces_2"")
system("BatchFile ""LongFileNameWithSpaces_1"" ""LongFileNameWithSpaces_2""")
system("BatchFile """LongFileNameWithSpaces_1""" """LongFileNameWithSpaces_2"""")
system("BatchFile 'LongFileNameWithSpaces_1' 'LongFileNameWithSpaces_2'")

Is there some kind of quote character etc that I can use to delimit these filenames with embedded spaces or am i going to have to resort to other methods? Should I be using unix style path delimeters?

Cheers,

Stephen Simpson

Gestech Pty Ltd
Unit 5, 33 Ryde Road
Pymble NSW 2073
AUSTRALIA

ph:     +61 2 9499 7677
fax:    +61 2 9499 7877
email:  s-DOT-simpson-AT-gestech-DOT-com-DOT-au
www: http://www-DOT-gestech-DOT-com-DOT-au/