Re: howto return a structure from xml

From: Dirk Eddelbuettel
Subject: Re: howto return a structure from xml
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 09:59:33 -0500

On Thu, Sep 04, 2003 at 04:52:29PM +0200, Jan-Mark Batke wrote:
> Hello octave programmers,
>
> how can I build a structure within a octave function written
> in c++?
>
> My aim is to
> 1. give a filename.xml to a octave function (works)
>
> retval = readxml(name);
>
> 2. parse the xmlfile with help of libxml2 (works)
>    <block1>
>         <block2>content</block2>
>    </block1>
>    <block3>bla</block3>
>
> 3. retval should hold the xml structure,
>
> retval = root {
>               block1 {
>                      block2 = content;
>                      }
>               block3 = bla;
>               }
> (no idea so far)
>
> I am pretty new to octave programming; any help (which
> manual to read etc - found nothing in liboctave doc) would
> be appreciated!

The GNU R project has a package StatDataML on the CRAN websites and its
mirrors; it implements a particular XML type for both R and Octave.

You may be able to learn things from their Octave code; AFAIK it uses the
standard XML libraries.  Google for StatDataML will lead you to it.

Hth, Dirk

--
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
                                                -- Groucho Marx