[Cygwin] make with ATLAS support fails

From: Rafael Jimenez
Subject: [Cygwin] make with ATLAS support fails
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 22:17:29 -0500

Hi all,

I have been trying to compile octave with ATLAS support under Cygwin. I
tried version 2.1.49 and the cvs version, and both produce similar
errors at compile time.

The steps done during configure are explainted below. The error is when
running make. I obtain an error in the libcruft directory:

Creating library file: libcruft.dll.a
/usr/local/lib/ATLAS/libatlas.a(ATL_dprk_kmm.o)(.text+0x25d):ATL_prk_kmm.c:undefined
reference to `_ATL_dpKBmm_b1'
/usr/local/lib/ATLAS/libatlas.a(ATL_dprk_kmm.o)(.text+0x287):ATL_prk_kmm.c:undefined
reference to `_ATL_dpKBmm_b0'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I don't know how to solve this. I would be very thankful if somebody
could provide me with pointers to where the error could be.

Rafael

% ========================================== CONFIGURE OPTIONS

This is what I did:

1.- export environmental variables so that configure finds my ATLAS
library (from the sourceforge project:
http://math-atlas.sourceforge.net/).

export LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib/ATLAS:/usr/local/lib
export CPATH=/usr/local/include/ATLAS:/usr/local/include

2.- Call configure with:

./configure --enable-shared --enable-static --with-blas=libatlas.a
--with-lapack=/usr/local/lib/ATLAS/liblapack.a

This liblapack.a is an ATLAS optimized lapack library that I built
following the instructions in
http://math-atlas.sourceforge.net/errata.html#lptest

./configure is able to find the library, and in the note I get the
information that it found the optimized blas libraries.

3.- Run make with:

make

errors appear (see above)

--