Re: WaveLab error & fix!

From: Laurent Jacques
Subject: Re: WaveLab error & fix!
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 09:13:35 +0200

On Tuesday 19 August 2003 00:10, address@hidden wrote:
| The problem is that m-files in the path do not override built-in
| functions (or oct-files for that matter).  In this particular case
| you could rename Wavelab's reverse to something like Wavelab_reverse,
| and use dispatch from octave-forge to call Wavelab_reverse instead of
| reverse when it receives a matrix.  Something like:
|
|       dispatch("reverse","Wavelab_reverse","matrix");
|
| A better solution might be to extend the built-in reverse so that
| it handles the common types, and send John a patch.
|
| Long term as octave grows, it would be nice if there were a way to
| limit functions to a private name space of a package, ignoring any
| definitions available elsewhere.

I did'nt know this way of doing. That's interesting (also for other problems)

Do you have an online help for the dispatch function of octave-forge ?
I have searched on http://octave.sourceforge.net/index/index.html and
http://octave.sourceforge.net/afunclist.html without success.
I need that to make a link in the wiki page that I have added with your
solution on the wiki at
        http://wiki.octave.org/wiki.pl?WavelabOnOctave

Bye,
Laurent.