Re: error: memory exhausted -- trying to return to prompt

From: Dirk Eddelbuettel
Subject: Re: error: memory exhausted -- trying to return to prompt
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2003 16:41:33 -0500

On Sat, Aug 09, 2003 at 02:08:02PM -0700, Ian Garcia wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>  I was using the "default" ranks function with octave.
>  I'm using debian (sid), the octave version is 2.1.50.
>  The octave-forge package is installed too, but I just
>  browse the directory where it is installed, and it's
>  missing  a lot of functions that come in the
>  octave-forge-2003.06.02.tar file.

a)  We do not install from directories with the NOINSTALL file as those
pieces to meet the DFSG and cannot be distributed in Debian's main archive.

b)  It may well be that there is something I should be distributing in the
package but am not. If a) does not apply it may well be a bug. If so, please
file a separate bug report against my octave-forge package.

>  I just used the rank.m that comes with the
> octave-forg
>  by copying that file to my working directory.
>
> octave-forge-2003.06.02/extra/NaN/ranks.m
>
>  And this functions is working.

Very good. In the terminology of the previous mail, this would be solution
c-2. Well done!

Dirk

--
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
                                                -- Groucho Marx