Re: DLD's on windows

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: DLD's on windows
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 02:49:15 -0400

Shai Ayal wrote:

Can anyone update me on the current status of using DLD functions (aka oct files) on windows systems ?

This question pops up once in a while in the mailing lists. I decided to ask again because the INSTALL.WINDOWS file in octave-forge mentions that octave 2.1.49 does support DLD functions in windows but says nothing more.

Specifically:

can octave be built with --enable-shared on windows ?
can mkoctfile be used for making oct files on windows ?

Yes you can build with --enable-shared on windows.  With
my patches (which I believe are now in CVS), this will even
work well on Windows 9x.  The octave-forge build at
http://octave.sf.net  for 2.1.50 is compiled with
--enable-shared.  It is not ATLAS enabled, and it is compiled
for arch i686, so it is not yet an ideal package, but we are
getting there.  I should also wrap up a development tarball
containing the headers, the link libraries and mkoctfile so
that you can build your own oct-files, but I have not yet
done so.