Re: quiet option, ans =

From: pben
Subject: Re: quiet option, ans =
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 17:07:10 -0500

Hello Ian,

I believe you have two options. Apologies if you are already aware of them.

First, when you invoke your function, you could use a semicolon. For example

octave:1> myfunc(X);
octave:2>

Second, you can use the Octave built-in variables silent_functions or return_last_computed_value to suppress output. More about these variables is found at

http://www.octave.org/doc/octave_8.html#SEC62

You can set the variables in your functions, on the command line. Or you can set the values in a startup file read by octave. For example you could set the variables in a file in your home directory called .octaverc (note the period at the beginning of the filename)

Hope this helps,
Ben Harris
Inactive hide details for Ian Garcia <address@hidden>Ian Garcia <address@hidden>

          Ian Garcia <address@hidden>