Re: quicktime in octave

From: Per Persson
Subject: Re: quicktime in octave
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 19:12:43 +0200

Hi,
AFAIK you there is no way to import/export quicktime movies in octave at present. It would however be a very useful addition.

If all you want to do is read/write movie frames and process them using octave and don't mind some C++ coding, you could (fairly easily) write some .oct functions to read/write frames. Take a look at Apple's quicktime docs/sample code:
http://developer.apple.com/quicktime/

(I took a stab at writing quicktime importers/exporters some time ago, and decided that it would be fairly easy but never got the time to actually do it.)

HTH,
Per