memory leak in DLD using FFTW3

From: Eric Chassande-Mottin
Subject: memory leak in DLD using FFTW3
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 17:01:54 +0200 (CEST)

hi octavers,

I have located a memory leak in a DLD function of mine which calls FFTW
version 3.0

I have isolated the problem in the simple CC code attached to this
message.

To make the oct file:
mkoctfile --verbose  -I/usr/local/include -L/usr/local/lib -lfftw3 fft_test.cc

Then, run the following line in octave2.1

x=zeros(1024,1);for icol=1:2000,dummy=fft_test(x);end;

while looking to the memory.

On my computer, the memory space used is increasing (available
free mem decreasing). The memory seems to be freed only when quitting
octave. Do you experience the same thing on your machine?
Somebody has a hint of what I done wrong?

I am running octave 2.1.35   (i386-pc-linux-gnu)
(as available in current debian stable 3.1).

éric.