Re: Help eliminating intermediate results

From: Matt Matthews
Subject: Re: Help eliminating intermediate results
Date: 17 Jul 2003 23:22:19 -0400

On Thu, 2003-07-17 at 23:09, Fausto Arinos de A. Barbuto wrote:
>       My question then is: how do I get rid of the undesired intermediate
> results of the form "y = ...."? I tried "echo off" and "echo off all" --
> to no avail.

You may use the semicolon (;) to suppress output in functions, and in
general on any statement. For example:

function y = f(x)
y = (2.0/sqrt(pi))*exp(-x*x);   % NOTE
endfunction

Then for defining x again use semicolon:

x = linspace(0,0.01,200);

But not here, so you can see the final result:

quad ("f", 0, 2.5, 1.0e-6)

As typed above, the commands should only output the final number
(0.99959).

Hope that helps.

matt