Cell Arrays

From: Andrew Straw
Subject: Cell Arrays
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 13:39:38 +0200

Hello,
      I am having problems defining a cell array. I see from the Octave
manual that cell arrays do exist. I am running Octave 2.1.36 and are trying
to define a cell array using Matlab syntax:

>> a(1,1) = {[1 2 3;4 5 6; 7 8 9]}
>> a(1,2) ... etc.

I then get the following error messages:

error: range error
error: evaluating assignment expression near line 1, column 7

Are cell arrays supported in Octave in the same way as Matlab?
How do you define a cell array in Octave, the correct syntax would be
helpful?

Thanks in advance,
Andrew.