Re: Problem in compiling octave 2.1.49

From: Geraint Bevan
Subject: Re: Problem in compiling octave 2.1.49
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 04:30:22 -0500

> I am trying to build 2.1.49 on Suse 8.2. I used configure with share
> enabled and got following error

> ../libcruft/libcruft.so: undefined reference to `zdrot_'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[2]: *** [octave] Error 1

> Can anyone please help.
>
> Ajay

Ajay,

zdrot_ is part of the BLAS library, so this error may be due to the
necessary BLAS (or ATLAS) shared library not being (correctly) installed on
your system. You could perhaps try changing the options that you pass to
configure (it used to be --without-fastblas to build the version in
libcruft, but I haven't tried building 2.1.49).

Geraint.