Re: Building octave on Solaris (success)

From: pben
Subject: Re: Building octave on Solaris (success)
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 14:57:18 -0500

Thank you very much for your suggestions. It was the config.h in $HOME/readline that conflicted with octave's config.h. I am glad to report that now I have octave running under Solaris 2.9, compiled entirely as a normal user.

One note. Even though I built and installed readline within my home directory, octave still had to be told where to find the include files for readline. I did this via environment variables, something to this effect:

export CPPFLAGS='-I/home/pben/local/include'
./configure --prefix=/home/pben/local
make all install

Regards,
Ben