Building octave on Solaris

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Building octave on Solaris
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 13:28:24 -0500

On 18-Jun-2003, address@hidden <address@hidden> wrote:

| I was wondering if you would help me figure out why the octave build is
| failing on our Solaris 2.9 system. The config.log is attached. I am doing
| this as a user, not as root, so that may be the cause of this
| problem.

I don't think that is the problem.  I build Octave all the time as a
normal user.

| I am
| trying to build 2.1.48, however the problem is the same for 2.1.35. I am
| using gcc v. 3.2.2.

The file config.h should have lines like this in it:

  #if defined (__GNUC__)
  #define GCC_ATTR_NORETURN __attribute__ ((__noreturn__))
  #define GCC_ATTR_UNUSED __attribute__ ((__unused__))
  #else
  #define GCC_ATTR_NORETURN
  #define GCC_ATTR_UNUSED
  #endif

These lines are included in config.h on all systems, so the fact that
GCC_ATTR_NORETURN is not defined on yours indicates some trouble at
the configuration time.

When you ran configure, did it generate a config.h file?

jwe