C++ Question

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: C++ Question
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 08:31:03 -0500

On 17-Jun-2003, Matthew Wollenweber <address@hidden> wrote:

| The following code is segfaulting and I have no idea why. I found the line
| that is crashing, and ddd wasn't much help.
|
| I'm coding in C++, RefImage -> Cols is an integer. In the first iteration
| it's 32 in the second it's 64. I am SURE and have verified that RefImage
| -> Cols is not NULL. Yet the folling code crashes on the second iteration.
| Does anyone know why?

Probably not, because it doesn't appear that you have provided enough
context to allow the bug to be reproduced.  If you could provide a
complete example that demonstrates your problem, someone might be able
to help you.

| RowVector X;
|
| for(int level = levels +1; level >= 1; level --)
|     {
|       //segfaults on the next line on the 2nd iteration
|       X = RowVector(RefImage -> Cols, 0);

|     }

What you show looks fine, provided that RefImage->Cols is a int.  My
guess is that the real problem is in some other part of your code but
it just happens to show up here.

jwe