fit [y1,y2]=f(x) to data

From: Martijn Brouwer
Subject: fit [y1,y2]=f(x) to data
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 10:18:42 -0500

I have a lot of data that consist of one independent (x) and two dependent
variables (y1 and y2), and would like to fit a suitable function to these.

x=Nx1 vector. I create a vector y=[y1,y2] size Nx2, and use these as parameters
for the leasqr routine. When I try to run my program leasqr complains:
error: input(x)/output(y) data must have same number of rows

which is incorrect. The error is caused by the following line in leasqr.m:

y=y(:); wt=wt(:); pin=pin(:); dp=dp(:); %change all vectors to columns

So leasqr is not designed to fit this kind of data. How do I have to deal with
this problem? Can leasqr fit complex data?

Kind regards,

Martijn Brouwer