Re: Limited number of figures?

From: Rafael Laboissiere
Subject: Re: Limited number of figures?
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 09:06:39 -0500

* Paul Kienzle <address@hidden> [2003-06-10 19:52]:

> Steven D Ratts wrote:
> > Are there any alternatives to gnuplot (if that is the issue) that I might
> > be able to use, and if there are, can I access them via octave's plot
> > command?
>
> There is a plplot command to replace gnuplot with plplot in octave.  I have
> used it in the past, but the latest octave_plplot package on Debian
> segfaulted when I tried it recently.  I don't know yet if this is an octave
> problem, a plplot problem, or a Debian problem.

Which version of Debian and the plplot packages are you using?  The
octave-plplot package 5.2.1-13 in Debian sid (unstable) seems to be working
fine.  If you are using Debian sarge (testing), there is an apt-getable
repository at:

    http://plplot.sourceforge.net/resources/

However, the octave-plplot package there does not work with otctave-2.1.36
(the current sarge version), because of libstdc++ incompatibilites.  As soon
as octave2.1_2.1.49 will reach sarge, I will upload a new set of PLplot
packages to the above repository.

At any rate, using the drop-in PLplot replacement in Debian should be as
simple as:

    $ apt-get install octave-plplot
    $ octave
    octave:1> toggle_plplot_use