string matrices?

From: Al Niessner
Subject: string matrices?
Date: 08 Jun 2003 07:51:11 -0700

In a DLD I just created, I need to return a matrix full of strings where
each row should be a single line. I created a charMatrix, but when I do
a '1> h' in octave it complains that printing is not implemented in a
charMatrix. Yet, if I do '2> h = [ "abc" ; "def" ]' it prints what one
would expect. So, what kind of matrix should I be creating in my DLD to
get the latter behavior?

--
Al Niessner <address@hidden>
Jet Propulsion Laboratory

All opinions stated above are mine and do not necessarily reflect
those of JPL or NASA.

 ----
 ----