Octave doesn't start

From: Navajo
Subject: Octave doesn't start
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 11:23:36 +0200

 Hi ladys and gentlemans

 I have install octave2.1.9 in my laptop under the directory
/usr/local/octave.
 After the installation I can find in this directory the followings folders:
 BIN, INCLUDE, INFO, LIB, LIBEXEC, MAN and SHARE. Under BIN I have just two
 files and two links:
 mkotfile-2.1.9
 octave-bug@
 octave-bug-2.1.9
 mkoctfile@
 There is no way to run octave application, I don't know what to type to run
it
 so after a few attempt I have realized that maybe I have done something
 wrong.
 I am using mandrake 9.1 and I have mit ./configure the possible dependences
 problems resolve.

 Could someone give me an idea of what is going wrong?.

 Thak you very much