Re: Error compiling octave-2.1.49

From: Andy Adler
Subject: Re: Error compiling octave-2.1.49
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 13:23:44 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 1 Jun 2003, John W. Eaton wrote:
> On  1-Jun-2003, Andy Adler <address@hidden> wrote:
> | I just tried 2.1.49 and it compiles with no errors. My machine is a PII-350.
> | Usage:
> |   ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/oct2149-test/ --enable-static=no
> --enable-shared=yes
> |   make
> |   make install
> |
> | However running it gives
> |  octave-2.1.49.exe - Entry Point Not Found:
> |  The procedure entry point dgecon_ could not be located in the dynamic
> |    link library libcruft.dll
>
> There is a dgecon.f in libcruft/lapack, so what lapack are you using?
> If it is something other than the files included with Octave, then I'd
> guess that it is incomplete.
>
> FWIW, I built 2.1.49 on a Windows system without any problems using
>
>   configure --enable-shared --disable-static

I'm using a stock 2.1.49 from ftp.octave.org.

When I do:
 ./configure --enable-static=no --enable-shared=yes
   or, equivalently (also tested)
 configure --enable-shared --disable-static

And then: make install  - all works fine
If I do:  make install-strip - the libcruft.dll library is missing

On the other hand, the static build works fine.

Tests were done on a Win2K on a P4. The previous test was on
winXP. I don't know why the previous results are different.
I'll try to do some more testing tonight.

Andy