Re: Octave/Matlab compatibility

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: Octave/Matlab compatibility
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 17:46:41 +0200

Hi,

You'll want to look at the octave compatiability FAQ at

http://octave.sourceforge.net/compatibility.html

Also check the category index of octave-forge, where the individual functions
of matlab and their octave equivalence are listed.

http://octave.sourceforge.net/index/index.html

Regards
David

According to Florian G. Pflug <address@hidden> (on 05/13/03):
> Hi
>
> I am a student of the technical university vienna, and have been assigned to
> a task that involves porting a programm for solving ODEs from matlab to GNU
> octave.
>
> Does anyone know if there is documentation available on the subject of
> porting from matlab to octave? I found some remarks in the FAQ, but though
> maybe there are some more ressources I didn't find.
>
> The task I was assigned to also involves documenting the differences between
> matlab and octave. If there is no such thing as a "porting guide", I'll see
> if I find the time to turn the documentation I have to write into a "porting
> uide". If I do that, should I consider aynthing special (like, using
> specific tools for the documentation) that eases integrating this guide into
> the octave manual? (Only if there are other people than me interested in
> this, of course).
>
> greetings, Florian Pflug

Motorola CRM                                 +33 1 69 35 25 00 (Ph)
Espace Technologique, Commune de St Aubin    +33 1 69 35 25 01 (Fax)
91193 Gif-Sur-Yvette FRANCE

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only
[ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary