Help printing parametric plot

From: John B. Thoo
Subject: Help printing parametric plot
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 13:57:50 -0700

Hi. Courtesy of A.S. Hodel, I have a printeps script that I've used numerous times before.

function printeps(filename)
% function printeps(filename)
% replot screen plot to a file
% inputs:
%   filename: string:
% no argument checking done - this means YOU mark!

  gset terminal postscript eps color
  eval(sprintf("gset output '%s'", filename));
  replot
  #gset terminal x11
  closeplot
endfunction

However, today I found that printeps won't work to print the following parametric plot.

octave:3> graw ("set parametric\n set size ratio -1\n plot [t=0:4*pi] t - sin (t), 1 - cos (t)\n")
octave:4> printeps ('cycloid.eps', 'small')
error: replot: must have something to plot
error: called from `printeps' in file `/sw/share/octave/site/m/printeps.m'
octave:4>

I can see the plot result, but I can't print. What am I doing wrong? (I'm sorry that I don't understand enough syntax to fix the script.) Thanks.

---John.