Re: using octave library for other programs

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: using octave library for other programs
Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 02:22:51 -0400

Landschuetzer, Herwig wrote:

Hi!

Two questions:
1) I would like to use Octave's Vector, Matrices classes in own programs.

But linking the libraries libcruft, liboctave leads to linking errors like:

undefined reference to 'do_fio', 'z_sqrt', unstifle_history, .......

Are there any other libraries to link with??

Sounds like you are missing the fortran libraries.
mkoctfile can also link "standalone" executables
which include all the appropriate libraries. I don't
remember what option to use at the moment.

2) I wrote a thermodynamic library - compiled it as shared library. How can
dynamic loading of the modules be done in Octvae when I for instance write
an oct file which I like to run in Octave. Do I have to recompile and link
the whole Octave with this library again.

Try mkoctfile on the functions in the octave/examples
directory.

http://www.octave.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/octave/examples/

If that works, then look at the functions in
src/DLD-FUNCTIONS for examples of how
to do things in your own oct-files.

Paul Kienzle
address@hidden