Spectrum Estimate functions

From: Sergio Dominguez
Subject: Spectrum Estimate functions
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 10:58:07 +0100

Hi all,

I have not seen any Power Spectrum Density estimate functions in the manual.
Could somebody tell me how if there is anything recently added or if there is
any development in this sense going on?

I would like to get the PSD of a time series and then integrate it over a
frecuency range to see the percentage of the energy containted in that band.
But I am not pretty sure of how to take into account the windowing. Has
somebody done something like this?

I have myself some functions written with PSD estimates, would it be of any
interest for Octave developers?

Cheers,

Sergio